When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 Schwinn Varsity 8spd

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gavin

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I bought this bike about 10 years ago from the original owner. He got it for Xmas when he was 8 years old. Crazy young to get such a bike but i guess his parents were forward thinking and didn't want to have to buy him another bike ever again lol. It had a huret derailleur on it and incorrect brakes but he managed to find the correct ones later and gave them to me. As for the simplex derailleur i had to source that on my own and grabbed this one off ebay and had it shipped from France. It's not in great shape but that's why i was able to afford it. I picked up a simplex rebuild kit for it but haven't gotten around to doing anything with it. I love this bike. It's such a juxtaposition of high end competition French racing parts and good old schwinn heavy duty engineering.

IMG_20190225_093417(1).jpg

IMG_20190225_093516(1).jpg

Kool!
Those sure don't get pulled out of barns very often! Looks like it still has the original saddle too. I dig these early Schwinn lightweights and have quite a few, but not a 60 model.

Kool!
Those sure don't get pulled out of barns very often! Looks like it still has the original saddle too. I dig these early Schwinn lightweights and have quite a few, but not a 60 model.
Yeah I dig em too! This is about as new as i would go for a lightweight. The 60 is just so special. After these it was just not as good looking. The built in chain gaurds on the later varsitys are ugly imo.

Here's a copy of my childhood 1964 Varsity that I built up. I rode that bike like I stole it, and then restored it and rode into the ground a second time. It was well used up by the time I bought my first car a couple months before I turned 15.

You sure don't see them very often.
I have a blue one that I bought years ago, but still haven't fixed up to a rideable condition. I need to get to that.
Looks like your rear derailleur is set up incorrectly.

Back