When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 Starlet...Worth Purchasing?...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well, no positive replies...so I'll look for something else...:(
I may be wrong but in the 60s schwinn had used rose pink to paint bikes but it was discontinued after 2 months I believe that’s the color on the chain guard and rack if it is the color i think it is it could be pretty rare

I may be wrong but in the 60s schwinn had used rose pink to paint bikes but it was discontinued after 2 months I believe that’s the color on the chain guard and rack if it is the color i think it is it could be pretty rare

Schwinn has used Rose since the 50's on the Starlet. The shortest running color (Months) was Flamingo.

I'd say $20, maybe $30 if the seats really nice. Around here womens bike don't move. Look on CL, you'll find $50 - $100 ones that have been there for years.. yes years. I have 7-8 frames, debbies, starlets, hollywoods, and breezes. I couldn't give those bikes away.

For a price comparison, here's a '60 Debutante I sold locally (to a guy that bought it to flip.)
I got $250 for it. Granted, it is a higher end model with more chrome, but the paint on the Starlet looks to be in better shape.
I think cleaned up, the Starlet should be worth around $250 as well, to the right buyer.
Of course, markets vary by location. I am in Michigan.
I would say you are safe paying $100 for it, but who knows, if you pull out 80 bucks cash he may take it.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1960-schwinn-debutante.141496/

1549715970712.png

You clearly don't love it enough.... let it be and hopefully someone who really falls in love with it will snap it up. Or flip it, or part it out... you get the point, lol

My problem is that I'm trying to cut down on my purchasing, and recently its gotten out of hand. But like a moth to a flame, if I think something is a bargain, I buy it. Right now I'm at Maximum capacity (36 bikes), and have no clue where I'd put this one...unless I knew I could move a few right away. Augh!!!, lol!!!! :tearsofjoy:

And thank you all for your responses. I just might contact this guy today...

For a price comparison, here's a '60 Debutante I sold locally (to a guy that bought it to flip.)
I got $250 for it. Granted, it is a higher end model with more chrome, but the paint on the Starlet looks to be in better shape.
I think cleaned up, the Starlet should be worth around $250 as well, to the right buyer.
Of course, markets vary by location. I am in Michigan.
I would say you are safe paying $100 for it, but who knows, if you pull out 80 bucks cash he may take it.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1960-schwinn-debutante.141496/

View attachment 945809

The rear rack alone is worth $125 on your old Debutante, and then like you said all the chrome pieces. Plus, you had the rear "S" reflector and most of the other parts for a boys bike. If this was the same bike for $100, it would have been in my house already!

The only reason i knew was because I had a flamingo colored lil tiger all original I just didn’t have the top bar for it I sold it though not knowing it’s rarity and now I regret it

Back