When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960s Columbia Newsboy Ebay Local PU NY

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KingSized HD

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Third go 'round on eBay.... figured I've given anyone nearby a chance to grab it.

Here's a really clean example of an early 60s Newsboy in black & white. Looks all original to me, with the possible exception of the grips (I'm not an expert on Columbias) but they're of the era if not original. Very little use judging from the lack of wear on the pedals (which show wear quickly).Starting bid at $150 which would be really reasonable for one this nice.

Having just a local pick up absolutely kills an eBay sale 90% of the time. Looks like a decent piece.

I believe the BMA/6 sticker on that bike dates it into the 70's. I had the same one on mine. Looks to be all original. Does have the original kickstand which is a tough one to find. Hard to tell if it still has the original wheels but it does appear that it might. Nice bike in nice condition all around.

I believe the BMA/6 sticker on that bike dates it into the 70's. I had the same one on mine. Looks to be all original. Does have the original kickstand which is a tough one to find. Hard to tell if it still has the original wheels but it does appear that it might. Nice bike in nice condition all around.
I was wondering about that too. I wonder if the BMA/6 sticker was added later? The info I've found says BMA/6 started in the early 70s but I've not found anything on the 'net that really pins the start date down officially.
The owner has now posted the serial number (N432811) which makes it a 1965 per the company website here.

I was wondering about that too. I wonder if the BMA/6 sticker was added later? The info I've found says BMA/6 started in the early 70s but I've not found anything on the 'net that really pins the start date down officially.
The owner has now posted the serial number (N432811) which makes it a 1965 per the company website here.

I don't think you can look at only serial numbers with Columbias, especially into the 70's. That hub on that bike looks like a later hub than 1965 when it would have been an RB2, and I believe in 1965 the kickstand was still a built-in stand.

Back