When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960s French light weight

-

fatbike

Enjoying my 37 Colson Commander
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This frame fell in my lap, thanks to "Lester" Larry Shultz. Super stoked on it. Propped it with new and old parts and fitted for a build. It will be a great rando bike. Phot when I met the owner, Craigslist deal. Hauled this one in the rain over my should via bicycle.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

you replaced the TA crank?
curious about the marking on the frame - there's something written on the downtube...

and it does look like a sweet ride

This was a bare, and house painted frame set. It's a 60s Pugeot PX10 frame. I had a TA crank set already.

Any paint surviving on the steerer tube? Removing the forks could tell you something about its original colour.
Be good to see detail pics of the BB underside and rear dropouts, to help pin down the likely age.
These frames are really something - look online for as many as you can, to get inspiration as to what it might become when restored.
It'll be worth the effort!

Any paint surviving on the steerer tube? Removing the forks could tell you something about its original colour.
Be good to see detail pics of the BB underside and rear dropouts, to help pin down the likely age.
These frames are really something - look online for as many as you can, to get inspiration as to what it might become when restored.
It'll be worth the effort!
I do not remember anymore, been a few years since I had this project.

I do not remember anymore, been a few years since I had this project.
I do know it was a classic white. Someone just sprayed over it to look less than what it was, the guy I bought it from used it as a messinger bike in NYC.

Back