When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960s huffy mainliner?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Chevrolet_1954

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hey all.....new member here. I just bought this huffy cruiser. I dont know much about it. It looks like 1960s and im thinking huffy mainliner? Wondering if you guys can help me out identifying this one thanks

20170217_173756.jpg

20170217_173747.jpg

That unmistakable purple paint makes me think this is a rare Dayton-badged middleweight bicycle. Huffman was the parent company of Dayton, and Huffman bicycles (both later merged into "Huffy")

That unmistakable purple paint makes me think this is a rare Dayton-badged middleweight bicycle. Huffman was the parent company of Dayton, and Huffman bicycles (both later merged into "Huffy")
I tried to uncover residue on bottom of bike and it seems to be red paint.

I tried to uncover residue on bottom of bike and it seems to be red paint.

It could be a 1962 model. The chainguard graphic would be correct for that year. I just haven't seen it in the 1963 catalog. I have uploaded the entire catalog for '63 here: http://thecabe.com/forum/media/albums/1963-huffy-dealer-catalog.1917/

The rack on this was from 1962-63 only. So, assuming it is original to the bike, I do not need the serial number to I.D. the year.

There is a 1962 catalog on eBay right now. I just don't have a need to buy it myself:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-196...686447?hash=item211fc15bef:g:dMIAAOSw-jhUFwnd

The Mainliner was a Huffy model going back to the early 1950's. It is possible that 1962 was the last model year. The frame looks purple, and purple was used primarily on Dayton's and kid's bikes. I'm intrigued by this find honestly.

The Mainliner was a Huffy model going back to the early 1950's. It is possible that 1962 was the last model year. The frame looks purple, and purple was used primarily on Dayton's and kid's bikes. I'm intrigued by this find honestly.
Oh ok thanks for the info i appreciate it

Back