When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960's MOULTON...My First!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Well, I never expected to come across this yesterday. I've never seen one "in the wild", so to speak, so I was shocked to find this one. I was on my way to go see a 1969 Schwinn Fair Lady that was advertised (I'll do a Post on that bike also) when I was told that there were other bikes if I was interested.

After going over the Fair Lady, he shows me a row of bikes he has, including a mens tall frame Schwinn Traveler from about 1986. He wanted to much for it, so I politely passed. Then, at the end of rthe row, he shows me the Moulton. He had no idea what it was, and thought it was a "Mouitan" because the top of the letter L was chipped away. I corrected him, and then he said it rode fine and asked if I was interested in this one. Front wheel had been changed out at some point, but he said all else looked original to him. (He didn't even see that there was a pump attached in the rear rack because he never mentioned it).

So, after giving it a very quick look, I told him I was interested. I figured I'd never see one again, let alone have the opportunity to purchase one. I was waiting to hear some crazy number...but he said "what about $40". I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough.

Photos are as I brought it home yesterday. Lots of work needed, but something new to Play with!! :)

Well, I never expected to come across this yesterday. I've never seen one "in the wild", so to speak, so I was shocked to find this one. I was on my way to go see a 1969 Schwinn Fair Lady that was advertised (I'll do a Post on that bike also) when I was told that there were other bikes if I was interested.

After going over the Fair Lady, he shows me a row of bikes he has, including a mens tall frame Schwinn Traveler from about 1986. He wanted to much for it, so I politely passed. Then, at the end of rthe row, he shows me the Moulton. He had no idea what it was, and thought it was a "Mouitan" because the top of the letter L was chipped away. I corrected him, and then he said it rode fine and asked if I was interested in this one. Front wheel had been changed out at some point, but he said all else looked original to him. (He didn't even see that there was a pump attached in the rear rack because he never mentioned it).

So, after giving it a very quick look, I told him I was interested. I figured I'd never see one again, let alone have the opportunity to purchase one. I was waiting to hear some crazy number...but he said "what about $40". I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough.

Photos are as I brought it home yesterday. Lots of work needed, but something new to Play with!! :)

View attachment 1263441

View attachment 1263442

View attachment 1263443

View attachment 1263444

View attachment 1263445

View attachment 1263446

View attachment 1263447

View attachment 1263448

View attachment 1263449

View attachment 1263450

View attachment 1263451

View attachment 1263452

View attachment 1263453

View attachment 1263454

View attachment 1263455

View attachment 1263456

View attachment 1263457
As much as I've read about those, there aren't many about, especially when you consider that they aren't that old. I've seen one for sale, and the asking price was high enough that I never went to look. I get the impression that these weren't cheap, so congratulations!

As much as I've read about those, there aren't many about, especially when you consider that they aren't that old. I've seen one for sale, and the asking price was high enough that I never went to look. I get the impression that these weren't cheap, so congratulations!

Thanks! They were expensive back then from what I remember, but I don't know just how expensive. They still make them...for a couple Thousand dollars if you look it up.

It's so weird looking, I just keep staring at it. I haven't even ridden it yet, so maybe a quick ride after breakfast. :tonguewink:

The most expensive repair item was the tires. From memory they were about $80 for the pair maybe 10 years ago. They are again from memory a 349 size. 16 inch in our measurement system but not the same diameter as kids bikes. Mine has a few modifications for comfort. Seat, handle bar and stem, and crank set. Roger

Back