When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960's Schwinn American De Luxe...got this today also

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Another Facebook find. All original except for the missing front rack.

After the bike had been listed for a week at $500, I let the seller know he was quite a bit out of line with it. He thanked me, and told me it was in a house he had just purchased (15 minutes from me). He offered me the bike at $250, and I told him it was still to high,and was missing the front rack and thanked him once again for the offer. He reduced the price to $250 on Facebook with apparently no takers still.
So, he contacted me...we made a deal at $140...and he even delivered it to me!😁

Enjoy the photos. Bike needs a lot of love , like the Shogun 400 I bought today (see my other Post). 😎

IMG_2247.jpeg

IMG_2248.jpeg

IMG_2249.jpeg

IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2251.jpeg

IMG_2252.jpeg

IMG_2253.jpeg

IMG_2255.jpeg

IMG_2256.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

IMG_2258.jpeg

IMG_2260.jpeg

A4 serial? I can't read it. The Road Liter light is worth some bucks. I'll give you $25 for it if you don't feel like cleaning it up. 🙃 That one should clean up like Cinderella.

Looks pretty much complete. A nice OA bath and you'll have a nice one.

I have a chrome rear rack that came on, I believe, a later model. So I'll add it to the bike once work starts. I might even have one for the front stashed away. Also missing the rear reflector.

Last edited:
really nice score. that would be a fun one to clean up because we can all see it's going to be excellent once done. The Delta ball light is close to the $140 you paid for the bike (assuming it cleans up well and you get a lens for it).

congrats!

Back