When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960's Schwinn American De Luxe...got this today also

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
BTW, the guy I bought the bike from told me (and someone told him when he bought the house) that the owner of the bike was a runner-up in a Miss America Pageant many years ago. Doesn't add anything to the bike, just a bit of a side note on it! 🤪

Mercifully, the tank is in better condition than I had dared hope for (especially after the Starlet tank). Should clean up pretty well. 🙂

IMG_2276.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

@DRCA Thanks anyway, but I'll be keeping this one for when my oldest Granddaughter comes to visit. Or, I can talk my wife into riding it once in a while. 🙂

Besides, I'm on Long Island, and I don't ship bikes anymore. So, you being 3,000 miles away doesn't work anyway even if I was going to sell it. Sorry.

@DRCA Thanks anyway, but I'll be keeping this one for when my oldest Granddaughter comes to visit. Or, I can talk my wife into riding it once in a while. 🙂

Besides, I'm on Long Island, and I don't ship bikes anymore. So, you being 3,000 miles away doesn't work anyway even if I was going to sell it. Sorry.

That American is a really nice piece just needing a good cleaning, polishing and lube. I'm sure your Granddaughter will love it when it's all dressed up for the dance. 😉

Opened the head light today for the first time...and I'm not really surprised. Not to bad, though, as the battery leakage was minimal.

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

Just reassembled it for the final detailing. I'm happy with it...and the tires are still holding air!! 🙂

MANY paint chips that will show once I finish and get the bike outside for the final photos. 😕

I'm also going to add a rear rack I have that didn't come on this year DeLuxe, but it will look nice. I still also need to clean the saddle bag.

IMG_2394.jpg

Lucky...lucky...lucky!

If Delta was as smart as the Chinese these PITA lights would have an easy access to change or remove the batteries. Like come on, remove a teeny tiny screw that gets lost just to fart around with batteries? Right. 🙄

There are still battery "drippings/runnings" from the tank, though, that stained the paint. It'll show in the final photos when I'm finished.

And boy, what a PITA to clean white paint!! 😲

Back