When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960's "Sears" (Huffy?) hundred bucks North bay Area Craigslist

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

49autocycledeluxe

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I thought this was a pretty cool bike for only a hundred bucks. in Santa Rosa Ca

the lady I bought my 50 Traveler from just sold one of these without the headlight for probably the same price in pretty bad shape. she was asking $150.00.
this one is a deal.

It's clearly a Huffy, and Mainliner was a Huffy trademark that they kept using into the early 70s if not longer. Huffy has probably made some bikes for Sears, but in that era I would expect it to be labeled with one of Sears model names, not one of Huffy's. Do we have any reason to think this bike has anything to do with Sears? I suspect the seller is mistaken.

when I put "mainliner bicycle" into Google it suggested :"Sears Mainliner Bicycle"..... then as usual, there was a CABE discussion in the results.

The plot sickens....

If you go look, be sure to post the serial number. That JCHiggins isn't exactly the same (chrome on forks is different for one thing) but it sure is close. Both have Huffy chainrings too. The other one has a fork with oval stampings in the chrome (wasn't that a Murray hallmark?) and yet.... I saw a Huffy Camaro online with forks like that, and it also had a Bendix hub and the same dropouts seen on the JCHiggins as well as here.

Another Huffy-built JCHiggins Mainliner? Or maybe a year or year or two newer Huffy-built "Sears"?

Can anyone make sense of the W149461 serial number of the JCHiggins in the other thread? It doesn't start with a year digit like a Huffy-badged Huffy of that period. No Sears manufacturer code prefix either?

Last edited:
seems to be a bunch of these with different stickers and different tanks/lights. I call them Huffy's. everything is a Huffy after 1962.

been there 5 days. it's 2 hours away from me. the best $100.00 bike on craigslist right now by a long shot.

I saw this bike on Craigslist for $100 a while back, and it was a 2 hour drive from home for me. Sure, it was a bit of a drive, but I knew the seller, and it's honestly the best $100 bike I've ever purchased! Some bikes are just worth the extra mileage.

Here it is after I replaced the old tires with some fresh (although slightly mismatched) whitewalls.

Back