When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960s Sting Ray?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pedalpower17

Finally riding a big boys bike
Have never bought a muscle bike, but have been offered this one. I'd like to know if the components (spring fork, grips, saddle, tires, etc) are the originals or same as originals.

Were the Krates the only ones to have the 16" front wheel and spring fork?

Any knowledgeable guidance appreciated.

Stingray.jpg

Have never bought a muscle bike, but have been offered this one. I'd like to know if the components (spring fork, grips, saddle, tires, etc) are the originals or same as originals.

Were the Krates the only ones to have the 16" front wheel and spring fork?

Any knowledgeable guidance appreciated.

View attachment 735087
This bicycle is a newer reproduction. The gooseneck would look like this one an original.
e900814b7485549a92a9cc958acea328.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reesatheresa, thanks so much! Regarding the original bikes, am I correct in thinking that only the Krates had the 16" front wheel and sprinter fork?
The krates only have the 16"front wheel. The coaster brake krates did not have the front atom brake. This is part of the reason some sellers get confused and think thw reproduction bikes are originals . Stingray Deluxe did have the Springer fork as well but with a 20" front wheel. Hope this helps!

The krates only have the 16"front wheel. The coaster brake krates did not have the front atom brake. This is part of the reason some sellers get confused and think thw reproduction bikes are originals . Stingray Deluxe did have the Springer fork as well but with a 20" front wheel. Hope this helps!

Sure does. Thanks again

Just a side note---the Stingray Super Deluxe had the springer front, the Stingray Deluxe did not.

Back