When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Jaguar and a bit of a story to go with it.

-
It's been too long since I've done anything with this bike (life gets in the way) and I've been riding others....but I want to get out on this one again. It needs a bit of mechanical help before I can so I started digging into it today after work.

First up, front axle rebuild.

Once that was done, I started on the bottom bracket. No wonder it was extremely squeaky.

Nice to see the crank is dated the same year as the frame which means it's very likely it's original to the bike.

Updates to come. Thanks

Jim's love and dedication to his bikes was always notable to me, and back on the old forum he was super encouraging and knowledgeable to a newbie like me at the time. Jim, I know that was a tough one to sell but I'm stoked its in good hands. Good work on the clean up of the mechanicals drglinski! looks great.
Jay

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've learned a lot about higher end middleweights from Jim through this process. I really enjoy having it.

Back