When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 jc higgins 3 speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
thanks. unfortunately, i haven't even touched it since i posted these pics. i did find a bolt, and a leather tool bag for it. still need tires. it also has the most uncomfortable seat i've ever ridden on, i'll have to swap it out to go riding.

I wish i were working on your bike :) I spent last night lacing on a new rear rim. I think the rear hub will be ok. I took good pic's of the decals but just stripped off the decals and cleaned up the frame. The bottom bracket is done. The old grease had to be scraped off. The front stem was so rusted I almost broke the bolt loosening it. I'm going to order a new rim for the front today. It'll still be a fun bike when done, but it's still a way off.

I bought a set of kenda k40's on-line for another bike I had. They were 37-590 I think. I had to put about 70 lbs in the tires and let them set over night to get them to seat correctly. I'm not sure what the story is there... I bought cheng-shen tires from the local bike shop for this one.

I live close to the downtown and often have guests. We walk downtown for coffee, movies, lunch, etc, so this is going to be a guest bike.

Enjoy :)

Steve S.

thanks steve. i've got another jc mens 3 speed stored away. nowhere near as nice, no original paint, but complete. i might be able to sell/part if you're interested.

thanks steve. i've got another jc mens 3 speed stored away. nowhere near as nice, no original paint, but complete. i might be able to sell/part if you're interested.

Thanks. One of these has turned into far more work than expected and I just don't have the time/money to do another. Even shipping to california would probably be around $60 or more.

Steve S.

I recently located and purchased a matching pair of these, I also found the correct seat for the mens bike. I will begin disassembly, maint, and detailing soon. These 2 bikes are in great shape as is, They should look really nice after going through and detailing.

8CCBA801-205E-4689-AAC7-695583F91546.jpeg

Back