When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Monark build thread

-
It is almost done! I hit some snags, but there isn't much left now! What is remaining is the seat, handlebars, pedals, chaingaurd, rear wheel adjustment, coaster brake hook-up, and a test run. I would love to find out what went on the front fender! An ornament or a light? Or what? I guess I need to find the 1961 Huffy options and measure the holes and find out through process of elimination.

I know, I'm in college now, so uploading pics on photobucket is hard to do (slow, clutered computer, and I'm trying clean it as time allows). It only takes me a minute to reply in text.

I actually have some time, so I'll have pics in a few minutes.

Back on Sept. 22, I couldn't decide which seat to use. I was thinking about a white seat with silver lining and a chrome crash rail from a '63 Huffy Silver Jet. Well, I thought the Firstone seat was too much red and too much work, as I was in a hurry at the time. The white Huffy seat had a decent size piece of vinyl gone, but then I remembered I had a very similar seat in my boxes downstairs. MOST of which is a Hot Wheels collection.

Testfittingseats.jpg

It got to the point to where I could wheel the bike outside to finish the rest of the job. Here it is before I put the crank back in:

Sept242011beforecrank.jpg

LeftoffatSept242011.jpg

After the crank is back in:
Sept242011aftercrank2.jpg

Sept242011aftercrank.jpg

Sadly, September 24 is where I left off. I have not been able to finish it yet! :mad:

This bike has been done, minus finding that fender light and bleeder screw for the hub. But I have not gotten around to putting in my final installment for this thread. I will do that after I return from Christmas traveling. Merry Christmas!

Funny thing, I resold that ugly seat and I pretty much got the bike for free not counting my time in and money in work.

Back