When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Monark build thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It is almost done! I hit some snags, but there isn't much left now! What is remaining is the seat, handlebars, pedals, chaingaurd, rear wheel adjustment, coaster brake hook-up, and a test run. I would love to find out what went on the front fender! An ornament or a light? Or what? I guess I need to find the 1961 Huffy options and measure the holes and find out through process of elimination.

I know, I'm in college now, so uploading pics on photobucket is hard to do (slow, clutered computer, and I'm trying clean it as time allows). It only takes me a minute to reply in text.

I actually have some time, so I'll have pics in a few minutes.

Back on Sept. 22, I couldn't decide which seat to use. I was thinking about a white seat with silver lining and a chrome crash rail from a '63 Huffy Silver Jet. Well, I thought the Firstone seat was too much red and too much work, as I was in a hurry at the time. The white Huffy seat had a decent size piece of vinyl gone, but then I remembered I had a very similar seat in my boxes downstairs. MOST of which is a Hot Wheels collection.

Testfittingseats.jpg

It got to the point to where I could wheel the bike outside to finish the rest of the job. Here it is before I put the crank back in:

Sept242011beforecrank.jpg

LeftoffatSept242011.jpg

After the crank is back in:
Sept242011aftercrank2.jpg

Sept242011aftercrank.jpg

Sadly, September 24 is where I left off. I have not been able to finish it yet! :mad:

This bike has been done, minus finding that fender light and bleeder screw for the hub. But I have not gotten around to putting in my final installment for this thread. I will do that after I return from Christmas traveling. Merry Christmas!

Funny thing, I resold that ugly seat and I pretty much got the bike for free not counting my time in and money in work.

Back