When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Re the bike 2old2race7 posted...

Very nice!

Someone posted a similar bike on bikeforums.net, and unless this is the same bike, this is the second one I've seen with a SA FW hub. The Cyclo Benelux eight speed drivetrain was normal.

The Weinmann brakes, however, are certainly original. A lot of these came with Weinmann brakes.

...it's quite remarkable that these continue to show up in such well preserved condition.

DSCF4408.JPG
DSCF4416.JPG
DSCF4418.JPG

...I forgot to mention that some guy over on the other forums found this one in Brooklyn somewhere, stored away as a family heirloom the father had brought back with him from the U.K. I have never seen the Rudge version in person, and the fork and fork crown are very upscale, even if it's roughly the equivalent bicycle. Another survivor in remarkable condition. I don't think they got sold on our side of the ocean, although other Rudge bikes do appear in my area from time to time.

link here

Back