When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Schwinn Firebolt help condition/value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I may just save up and buy a nice rider .... somethin' cool different & show'able worthy ;)

Sounds like a good plan. I’d rather have one bike that I really liked rather than ten that didn’t do anything for me. It may take a little longer to get there but you’ll be much happier. Do some research and see what you like that fits your budget. Then do a lot of research so you know what “right” looks like. This way when you come upon the deal you know whether or not to pull the trigger. V/r Shawn

Sounds like a good plan. I’d rather have one bike that I really liked rather than ten that didn’t do anything for me. It may take a little longer to get there but you’ll be much happier. Do some research and see what you like that fits your budget. Then do a lot of research so you know what “right” looks like. This way when you come upon the deal you know whether or not to pull the trigger. V/r Shawn
Yeah that is what I am trying to do vs just jumping on every $50+ bike like I was. I was using the mindset of ; I don't have a Columbia, Monark, etc & I was thinking $100 or less for vintage bikes was easily better than a Chinese made new 1. Lol. After my last 2 purchase fails I am learning & Really Appreciating y'alls OG bikes that jus' shine up with Patina . Hopefully you guys don't get ill of me asking ?s regarding this. Jim I still love the looks of your '64 Columbia and hopefully I get to ride it when ever we meet up :tonguewink:

Times like this, I am glad I live in a tiny city apartment with a Model T garage I share with a four door Mazda.
So No Country with wide open spaces for a garage & more room than a broom closet ? :tearsofjoy:. Idk how some people do it .... lived in a 600 sqft apartment with a 1/2 Asian girl & female German shepherd .... wasn't a lot of space to do much man wise BUT the dog was a great girl :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I think you answered your own question. If you don't really care for the bike or the color then don't buy it unless you plan on a flip and frankly I see no meat on the bone for that here. Save your money for something you like instead of just buying stuff. V/r Shawn

@Freqman1 , This is what I really like about this forum, and it's veteran members. Being a newbie (still) I appreciate the answers to my not so smart questions being answered without any snide remarks about my intelligence, etc. Being on a forum with adults is a rare, and enjoyable experience.

BTW Shawn, I think I've found me a basic good (not so old) rider until I find that perfect old one that fits me. It's a Jamis Boss 6 speed for 40 bucks. I'm guessing it's in the neighborhood of 10 years old, and in exceptional shape. Needs zero work. That should get me through until.........

Oh, I still, and will continue to ride that old Collegiant. I like that bike. Thanks for all the help my friends.

@Freqman1 , This is what I really like about this forum, and it's veteran members. Being a newbie (still) I appreciate the answers to my not so smart questions being answered without any snide remarks about my intelligence, etc. Being on a forum with adults is a rare, and enjoyable experience.

BTW Shawn, I think I've found me a basic good (not so old) rider until I find that perfect old one that fits me. It's a Jamis Boss 6 speed for 40 bucks. I'm guessing it's in the neighborhood of 10 years old, and in exceptional shape. Needs zero work. That should get me through until.........

Oh, I still, and will continue to ride that old Collegiant. I like that bike. Thanks for all the help my friends.

On both the Charlotte and N. Augusta rides we welcome all riders regardless. We just like talking about and riding bikes! Hopefully the weather cooperates for 8 December in Charlotte and you can get out with us. V/r Shawn

On both the Charlotte and N. Augusta rides we welcome all riders regardless. We just like talking about and riding bikes! Hopefully the weather cooperates for 8 December in Charlotte and you can get out with us. V/r Shawn

@ Freqman1, Me too Shawn. Don told me about that ride, but we will be out of town. However, me and my bride will definitely make a ride with you good folks one day. Hopefully there will be another in the spring. BTW, the wife had trouble with her balance on a two wheel due to nerve damage on her left side from a car accident years back. So, I bought her a 3 wheeler until she can get the strength back in her left leg. She was a bit worried that she couldn't ride with y'all, but Don said not to worry, all is welcome. She was quite happy about that.

Back