When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Schwinn Skipper All Original Top condition

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TMS

On Training Wheels
Hello, I am looking to see if anyone knows what an actual value would be for my 1961 Schwinn Skipper with all original parts, in excellent condition, I keep it in my apartment. She (even though a guys bike) was mine as a kid, but I had a pretty bad car accident 18 months ago, can't work and can no longer ride, so she is now a decoration. I said to myself, self, why keep such an amazing machine in limbo and I may consider selling to someone who would love her like I do. Any honest ideas on her value?
IMG_4157.JPG

Thank you I will check it I had always said it was a 1963 but several people said no it is a 1961...Thanks again...research time again!
Would there be a great deal of difference between them? Would they look so much the same? I do not know much about them.
I had always thought it was a 1963, or perhaps wanted to since I was born that year, but alas...
I checked it out and we can split the difference it is a 1962!

Last edited:
Any idea on what this 1962 Schwinn Skipper would be worth? She is in great condition, all original.

Thank you for your reply, none of those look like mine, but I would imagine the pricing would be similar between 1961 through 1963...also mine also looks in much better original condition. I suppose I will have to find a median and fair price for a collector who loves the Skipper!

I'm thinking a couple hundred tops. These just aren't real desirable as far as collectability goes. Sorry for your accident and GLWTS. V/r Shawn

IMG_4918.PNG
Here's a skipper I sold 6 months ago for 150 shipped. I know the frame is different.

If anyone is interested in a 1962 Schwinn Skipper Fabulous Red Coaster, all original, great condition just let me know. I have one sitting in my apartment safe from the elements.
IMG_4157.JPG

I'm thinking a couple hundred tops. These just aren't real desirable as far as collectability goes. Sorry for your accident and GLWTS. V/r Shawn

Thank you for your thoughts. Also, I love the quote, I work with the Wounded Warriors and it is by far the always the most valuable times of my life when I volunteer with them. And thankyou for the estimate on Skipper. Perhaps I will just hang on a it more, I love the frame and shape of the bike myself, it reminds me of a beach cruiser, which I also have. I am working on getting to the point where I can ride again, but Skipper is a mans bike and the bar is too high for me to get over anymore. Many blessings! Perhaps I will donate Skipper a Warriors program!!

Back