When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Schwinn Skipper value???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bhando

Look Ma, No Hands!
I just picked up this 1961 Schwinn Skipper,all original except for the pedals, and it's around a condition 7-8.

Super clean and rides great!!!

I am considering selling this bike and was curious what the value of this two year only frame style.

Please help a "newbie Schwinn" guy, I'm slowly being pulled in your direction!

Thanks for any and all help.

Brandon

Attachments

• IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 2,644
  • IMG_1723.jpg
    IMG_1723.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 2,470
You don't see to many of those around, even thought it was a low end bike. Yours looks like it's in excellent condition and I would have to agree on the $ guesstimate above. Skipper's sister Debbie sold not to long ago for $100 but girls bikes never sell for what a top bar bike sells for.

These are a little bit of a wild card. Very basic bike, but also not that common. Kinda hard to find, but not all that much collector interest. Local sale you're likely looking around $200. eBay, heck, could go higher if two people really want it.
Cheers, Geoff

The tornado frame is similar but not the same.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,438
I think that Skipper is pretty unique. It has all the 1961 parts and markings but it's using the 1962 only Typhoon frame. Weird. What's the serial number?

A couple years later, it's become clear that the second frame design was a mid '61 intro. So, there are Tornados, Skippers, and Flying Stars with that "Typhoon" frame.

Back