When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Walthour & Hood Catalog - Huffy, Dayton and Raleigh Bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Oilit

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I bought this off EBay not long ago and it has a certain charm, plus a good deal of interest. And I want to thank Floyd @WetDogGraphix for converting these from pdf's to jpg's so they could be posted!

0001.jpg

2.jpg

WH-3.jpg

WH-4-R.jpg

WH-5.jpg

WH-6_R.jpg

WH-7.jpg

WH-8-R.jpg

WH-9-R.jpg

WH-10-R.jpg

WH-11.jpg

WH-12-R.jpg

WH-13.jpg

WH-14-R.jpg

WH-15.jpg

@Oilit

This...this IS VERY VALUABLE to me and my research efforts to restore a rare 1960 Dayton. This is only the second ad I have seen for 60's era Dayton bicycles. This is very rare literature. Do you have any for 1960? I at least know now what the guard looked like!
I wish I did. The man I bought this from said his dad had a hardware store and this was among the catalogs at the store. I'm guessing W. & H. was a wholesale company, so there's probably more out there from other years, but finding them is going to take luck.

Good luck with your Dayton!

Thank you! Because of this post, I have confidence that I have determined the tank I need to find for my bike. The only questions remaining now is if the electric tail light option was also available in 1960, as it was in 1961. I'm hoping it was, because I have a spare lens to use up. Other question is if this bike could be had with only a horn in the tank, not a horn and light both.

I bet they may have been, especially with "Custom Built Dayton" being the main marketing theme here. My bike also has a 3-speed that appears to be original. I don't see a "standard" Dayton with a 3-speed in this ad.

Great catalog find and thanks for posting!

Walthour & Hood was a pretty big bicycle parts distributor in the southeast when I got in the business in the early 70s but I don't remember buying bicycles from them.......lots of bread and better items...i think they were based out of Georgia...

Back