When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HOPEFULLY FOUND 1961ish Curtis Mathes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks, again, I don't know anything about this stuff. You sound just like him (foreign language). He is a reputable shop, the go-to tube place in Memphis. I also remember him saying the unit still draws power when it is in the off position.
He also did something during his evaluation. Unit used to distort after 20 minutes. Sounds great now. But he said power decreases to 50% after 40 minutes.
I would love to hear you two debate this unit. While most guys won't though these units, he loves them. He told me it's a great unit and not to give up on it. If my new PT is up to spec total restoration will be right at $250. Reasonable? I'm good with it ( or just dumb).

:)
I know, I used to simplify things or just not say much more than "fixed."
If he's in Memphis, the home of tube guitar amps, and he's in business, he's probably ok.
Relaying technical stuff to the customer is usually just a feel good situation.
$250 is a decent price for a rebuild. but that should include replacing ALL caps and resistors.

I have a very promising lead thanks to @bobcycles . Talked to Hammond, it would have to be custom ($650). And not 100% sure about it working. I have the schematic, but CM was very secretive about their products. There are a few unknowns in their drawings.
hi nightrider,

I am looking for a schematic for my Curtis Mathes. This is the closest I have come to finding anything about it online.. shot in the dark. Could you please post it or send it my way?
Thank you!! 🤞

Back