When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 American boys 20” is it rare?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Scooter2U

On Training Wheels
Hello all, I’m new to this group,
I have a 20” American that has really good bones, it’s been pained and a new chain decal added. All original except the reflector and pull back handle bars. Which I do also have. But beat up. I can’t seem to find very much info on the web for these.
please give me your thoughts, thanks you.

36C2B6E2-FEA9-40CF-9858-2CA632FEED63.jpeg

94D4AF06-B5E8-4395-8076-2F749815DABB.jpeg

9F09503C-9C78-4263-BDA2-40E37119E3DD.jpeg

87BFE20F-5B2A-43F5-AD09-9887DA0D954D.jpeg

From the serial number it seems to be Feb 23, 1962 per the Bikehistory serial lookup. The AngelFire serial chart doesn't show a number that low starting with B for Feb 62.

Very nice find.

Thank you, I would like to sell it but I have no idea of the value.
I just knew there were not many out there.
any thoughts?

I think $150 might be a little high for a repainted one. It's been a few years but I paid $125 for mine. Mine has a different chainguard, which is the original. Could be yours is a StingRay one or who knows maybe Schwinn changed at some point.

I think $150 might be a little high for a repainted one. It's been a few years but I paid $125 for mine. Mine has a different chainguard, which is the original. Could be yours is a StingRay one or who knows maybe Schwinn changed at some point.
You're right...I missed the part about being repainted.....

Thanks guy’s for the input. The chain guard on this bike had the original American logo and shield in the middle, but it was so beat up dented. I thought the same thing about the stingray style guard.
I now know I will not put anymore money into it. Still a really solid bike.

Oh, "repainted" and not "pained" So, I was guessing that Tylenol was working B/C it's not bad looking. . And IDK but I think there's a resurgence for 20" Juniors like this since the stink-rats keep gaining higher prices. Especially B/C U can easily convert it to: J31-7 20" Junior Sting-Ray; S7 rims, coaster brake, etc.

Back