When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 American Kingsize

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gimletbikes

Finally riding a big boys bike
After being contracted to spruce-up a friends' post-war Schwinn I decided I had to have one of my own. Hopefully this will be a rider for me.

PXL_20220713_221946622.jpg

PXL_20220714_022345777.jpg

PXL_20220713_230140554.jpg

PXL_20220714_023120240.jpg

PXL_20220713_222436095.jpg

PXL_20220713_225659831.jpg

Last edited:
my first priority is to get this thing rolling so I can ride it and see how it feels. Going to need some new axle bearings. This one was shy a few. Got a new axle & seal kit ordered

PXL_20220713_224505263.jpg

Reactions: JLF
-----

looks like good fun, thanks for sharing

in this image it appears hub cones may be pitted/spawled

do you plan to reuse them?
1658004872898.png

-----

-----

looks like good fun, thanks for sharing

in this image it appears hub cones may be pitted/spawled

do you plan to reuse them?
View attachment 1663569

-----
No, I've ordered a new axle kit with new bearings, cones & seals. I agree, those cones look pretty shot.

I'm a little worried - the new set i ordered is for a schwinn script hub. I'm hoping that this made in america hub is similar enough for that scripty stuff to work. I may be disappointed. I suppose that's what makes the game interesting

No, I've ordered a new axle kit with new bearings, cones & seals. I agree, those cones look pretty shot.

I'm a little worried - the new set i ordered is for a schwinn script hub. I'm hoping that this made in america hub is similar enough for that scripty stuff to work. I may be disappointed. I suppose that's what makes the game interesting
I'm not sure if the script cones will work. That looks like a later 200 model hub but I'm not sure if they use the same cones

-----

thank you for the response

have not before run across one of those "made in america" marked hubs

is it a Wald item? other?

-----

Back