When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 American Kingsize

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Are there heavy duty springs for the mesinger 7000? I'm bottoming these out. I'm 225lbs. Surely I'm not the only heavy guy here. Can you get a fresh set of springs for these? Do i just need. Heavier duty seat?

View attachment 1681654
You can get new springs yes , do you have the seat too low on the seat post so the top of it hits the bottom of the seat pan and stops it from going further? I'm not 225 so I could be wrong. I would think a new set of springs would be a bit stiffer.

You can get new springs yes , do you have the seat too low on the seat post so the top of it hits the bottom of the seat pan and stops it from going further? I'm not 225 so I could be wrong. I would think a new set of springs would be a bit stiffer.
Welp. You solved my problem. I've got 5/8" of seatpost sticking up above the chassis. I'm gonna hack that off today. I'll bet that'll do the trick. I got some add'l springs, too, for good measure

I'm running white fenders from a similar vintage Spitfire. They had pink or faded red pinstripes but I steel wooled those off. Eventually, if I stick with fenders, i think I'll like them better black with white tips. For now, they at least feel cohesive.

The rear fender's a little wonky because i used the original fender hole at the seat stay. I'll eventually drill a new hole in the correct place and they should sit a little more natural. The fender tab at the kickstand is broken off, so will fix that first.

PXL_20220821_215004394.jpg

Last edited:
I am loving it - i ride it daily. It's sucha good riding bike. I'm restoring a set of old S-2s so, soon I'm gonna explore some fatter tires

Back