When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 American Kingsize

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Today was man-up-the-American day. I installed some solid, wider block pedals. They are rebuildable. I put a temporary seat on that is more appropriate for my weight (Mesinger 7000 still on the way). Also, I took the black grips off a girl's bike and put them on here. All black parts. All, better than before. It's a much better ride now. Oh yeah, and I stuck a Dutch bell on the OG handlebars because I will always have one non-American part on this bike. And the bell sounds awesome.

Re. handlebars: i want 5 inches of rise to get the bars above the seat plane. Any suggestions? Scout bar? Cycle truck bar? Any other early 60's bars have that much rise? I really dont want a taller stem.

PXL_20220731_195119806.jpg

PXL_20220731_195142133.jpg

I understand why you want more rise, but I don't like the way taller bars look so I am afraid I won't be much help. I am not sure boy scouts would be any taller than what you have (but they would look great!). Some steerhorns would also look great, but probably wouldn't gain you anything in height either. Paperboys might gain a little but not very much and well... they look the way they look.

I like the bars on the King Sting and other similar bars, but the stem will need to be changed out.
1659321951515.png

I like the bars on the King Sting and other similar bars, but the stem will need to be changed out.
I remember this bike well! I am not opposed to this. I appreciate your suggestions. I had not considered the stoker bars from the tandem, either - that could be pretty cool too.

I got a deal on a Mesinger 7000 that needs work. The rubber cover had lifted of off the nose of the saddle. So it took it off. My goal is to try and recover the seat with leather. Also, I want to disassemble & treat the chassis for rust, but I'm a little stumped about how to get the nuts off the bolts that go through the big springs. Best guess so far is to maybe reach through the spring with some long nose channel locks and try to keep the bolt from spinning. I'm not optimistic about that approach. I'm just going to ride it without a cover for a while.

PXL_20220809_004725585.jpg

PXL_20220809_004348779.jpg

PXL_20220809_004442001.jpg

Are there heavy duty springs for the mesinger 7000? I'm bottoming these out. I'm 225lbs. Surely I'm not the only heavy guy here. Can you get a fresh set of springs for these? Do i just need. Heavier duty seat?

PXL_20220818_170517184.jpg

Back