When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 AMF Roadmaster Skylark

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Starnger

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello!
I have recently acquired a very nice condition ladies Roadmaster that i am building for a friend of mine. It is especially remarkable because i live in Europe and found this bike in the Netherlands, and not for too much money.
Here is the photo from the ad, the bike is missing the kickstand, but apart from that appears to be all original, unsure about tires though.
_86-jpg.jpg

Here it is in my workshop, put a Wald kickstand already, that i believe is correct or very close to correct for that bike.
img_5888-jpg.jpg

The sticker from the chain guard is missing, and also i have put the tank off to fix it.
img_5889-jpg.jpg

The serial number starts with M, so i believe it is a 1962 model.
img_5890-jpg.jpg

The tank is a bit messed up, the battery housing is missing, so i am looking for some reference photos to fix it up. It all seems quite obvious apart from what type battery cells they used and how the housing looked like. I would appreciate any input on this, so i can restore the tank and make it work again.
img_5887-jpg.jpg

Thank you everyone for your input and have a nice day! :)

You're right, that one has survived in nice condition. When you get all that chrome shined up, it's going to be blinding on a sunny day! It makes sense that you would find a single speed in the Netherlands, probably not much need for hill climbing ;).

Back