When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Murray Fire Cheif tricycle - Restoration project - Parts needed

-

Serrano

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello all.
I am from portugal, and I finally get a Murray Fire Cheif to restore!!
You can see photos of it her.
The item is in great shape for the project, but since I am used to restore old marklin trains (1930s) to is mint condition as new with all parts from the epoc I intend to do the same with the murray.
The item will be placed in my poy office after retoration.

So the deal is, I need to find 2 grips, the streamers and the axel hubcaps like the photos i have placed here.

If anyone can help me out on this crusade i will be happy with that.

thanks for whatching this post, regards
Serrano

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

murray-tricycle-hub-caps-grips_1_a52bafe4959c0b4f06202064814cc1cf (3).jpg

murray-tricycle-hub-caps-grips_1_a52bafe4959c0b4f06202064814cc1cf.jpg

Not sure what you have in Portugal in the way of bicycle shops, but that might be one source for grips and streamers if any are local to you. Large department stores also can have sporting goods departments that sell bike/trike parts, even auto parts stores sometimes sell bicycle items. You can many times find grips, streamers, and Murray hub caps on US Ebay. Sellers usually are willing to do international shipping on small items like those.

Nice looking Murray tricycle project you have there. I remember a neighbor girl having one of the Murray Fire Chief tricycles when I was growing up.

Dave

Not sure what you have in Portugal in the way of bicycle shops, but that might be one source for grips and streamers if any are local to you. Large department stores also can have sporting goods departments that sell bike/trike parts, even auto parts stores sometimes sell bicycle items. You can many times find grips, streamers, and Murray hub caps on US Ebay. Sellers usually are willing to do international shipping on small items like those.

Nice looking Murray tricycle project you have there. I remember a neighbor girl having one of the Murray Fire Chief tricycles when I was growing up.

Dave
Thank you for your message.
Most of the bike stores here are decathlon or sportzone, and when it has a local bike shop its for new and fancy extra xpto material.
I will keep looking for that, the most difficult to find until know are the streamers blue white and red...

Back