When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Radiant Green Varsity

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinn499

I live for the CABE
Just swooped this up today. Missing a few things and a few rough parts which the parts stash should cover if necessary. Only thing thats a bummer is the og saddle is missing. Ideale 41? 42? That would be a good thread to start. What leather saddles came on these early 60s lightweights? Gonna OA bath those rat traps right now and see if they'll clean up nice, they usually do.
6486d3f10feb0e379a153b97dd503278.jpg
c4ce350f5d546367ac9ac45acd80ed03.jpg
3a2b3b6a91d0dbf9891280b615d782e6.jpg
4d27518c863b9aad3c3f301919cb5dd0.jpg

Very nice! Somebody loved that bike for a long time, the brake lever grips were introduced in late '68. Is the headtube electro-forged or fillet-brazed?

Nice. Looks pretty much all original with very low miles judging from the bottom jockey wheel. Four prong early Huret too. I'll be waiting to see this one cleaned up.
What color bar tape is that, it matches pretty good.

Very nice,can't wait to see that paint cleaned up . I like the ride of these,that relaxed geometry is nice. Congrats on a nice snag.

Great find...large frame also!
I bought a frame set at a bike swap years ago and built it up from parts. It's not completely stock though as I used the 27" wheels with alloy rims from an eighties vintage World Sport.
I believe that the Ideale #41 is the correct saddle for these bikes. The same year Continental came with the Ideale #43.
62 Varsity2.jpg

Back