When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Schwinn Deluxe American

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$450 plus shipping
Zipcode

bicibob

Finally riding a big boys bike
Here's a beautiful example of a nearly all original Schwinn middleweight. I've been riding this bike around for the past 2 weeks. It's perfectly aligned, the wheels are true and all spokes have tension. The chrome on this bike is super nice. The S-7 rims are the cleanest I've seen in years. The fenders sparkle. Mechanically, I've overhauled all the bearing units. Mild wear only. The freshly greased Bendix 2-speed is perfectly functional and the best one I've ever ridden. The only non-original parts I see are the tires/tubes and one of the rear rack mounting bolts. There are some flaws, of course, as you will see in the photos. Someone beat on the stem and the white painted portion of the slimline tank is chipped and flaked. Also, perhaps the same Knucklehead beat on the seat post.... One of the saddle springs has been welded. The red paint is faded with normal chips and scratches. The horn unit is un-tested, but has no corrosion. The "S" fender light's housing is solid but the light unit is corroded internally. The front hub is weak. Scripted only as "made in USA." It rolls smooth, but has external cracks that correspond to the bearing raceways. I bought the bike from the original owner.

How many of us 60-70 year old's have owned or wanted to own a bike like this? It reminds me of my first new bike, a '66 Schwinn Typhoon. Tempted to keep it..... but $800 or reasonable offer will convince me to make it yours. PU preferred, but New Mexico's a long way from everywhere. I'll ship CONUS for an additional $100. Please PM with interest. Ride On! Bob in Aztec 1548620

IMG_5427.JPG
IMG_5399.JPG
IMG_5421.JPG

Last edited:
Back