When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Super Continental - or somethin'

-
-----

great to read the collective knowledge got it all well sorted! 😉

me first glance guess for a date was '63 as '64 was the year the Weinmann centrepull calipers received a revision

good to see the OEM stem no longer in place; that "as found" adjustment was dangerously high...

-----

My guess the bike has been "tinkered with" over the decades.
Not surprising...I do it frequently myself.
I'm guessing that it will continue to be tinkered with going forward.

It has so many of the original parts missing. The crank, the rear Derailleur, the handlebars, the saddle (I think it should be a Brooks B-15), and I am not sure about the hubs. The crank should be triple crank. If it were mine, I would restore it back to original.

It has so many of the original parts missing. The crank, the rear Derailleur, the handlebars, the saddle (I think it should be a Brooks B-15), and I am not sure about the hubs. The crank should be triple crank. If it were mine, I would restore it back to original.

The title to this thread may have been a little misleading. The Continental here is not a Super Continental so it would be a 10 speed. The continental‘s never used a Brooks saddle. Offhand I think it was the super sport that had the B-15.

The title to this thread may have been a little misleading. The Continental here is not a Super Continental so it would be a 10 speed. The continental‘s never used a Brooks saddle. Offhand I think it was the super sport that had the B-15.
You're right, it is a mixed bag that's been handled a lot. I thought it was a Super Continental due to the fully chromed fork.

This won't be popular with some folks but I don't plan on restoring "Groovy". I like the way it looks. What I would like is for it to ride well, shift well, stop well.
I have a set of gold Ukai 700c wheels from an old Fuji, I've already installed the Truvativ Am-Eur BMX converter because I like the square tapered cranksets that are available. I have Shimano Xage 300 LX f&r derailleurs but don't like how they look on the bike. Also have a Deore crankset (I have the other rings) Just bought NOS Suntour VX rear derailleur and have two Suntour front derailleurs I'm considering and stem-mount shifters. I'm new at this will certainly make mistakes along the way. But that's part of the learning process.
I am appreciative of all of the combined experience and wisdom the CABE offers to us nubes.
IMG_0076.jpg

This won't be popular with some folks but I don't plan on restoring "Groovy". I like the way it looks. What I would like is for it to ride well, shift well, stop well.
I have a set of gold Ukai 700c wheels from an old Fuji, I've already installed the Truvativ Am-Eur BMX converter because I like the square tapered cranksets that are available. I have Shimano Xage 300 LX f&r derailleurs but don't like how they look on the bike. Also have a Deore crankset (I have the other rings) Just bought NOS Suntour VX rear derailleur and have two Suntour front derailleurs I'm considering and stem-mount shifters. I'm new at this will certainly make mistakes along the way. But that's part of the learning process.
I am appreciative of all of the combined experience and wisdom the CABE offers to us nubes.
View attachment 1757206

Sweet! Have fun fixin-er up to your liken.

Back