When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Violet Schwinn Superior

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think he meant the demarkation decals between the chrome and the paint and not the chrome itself?

BTW, speaking of the chromed seat tube, that must have been done before the frame was fully brazed, at least I don't know how they could have chromed just that part of the frame once it was assembled. They must have had extra chromed tubes leftover after Superior production ended as here is one on a '64 Super Sport frame: http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/1046896-1964-schwinn-super-sport-project.html#post18499137

Last edited:
I think he meant the demarkation decals between the chrome and the paint and not the chrome itself?

If your talking about me I thought it was a big shiny decal! Never seen one of these outside of pictures. Never occurred to me they would chrome the frame like that.

Chrome decals
DSCF0902.jpg

Besides the chromed seat tube (even if painted over) and the solid Huret dropouts on the early '62 models, are there any differences between the frames/forks of the '62-'63 Superior vs. the '64-'66 Super Sport? I don't think there are any but I want to be sure...

None that I can think of other than the '63 Superior had chrome "sox" front & back, and the '62 had them in back.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking but I forgot about the "socks". So other than certain chrome treatments (and serial number dates) they were essentially the same. In other words 1967 was the first big change for the fillet-brazed frames.

Back