When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Violet Schwinn Superior

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
As stated above, there is not a reliable way to know how many Superiors were built in the 1962-63 iteration; even more difficult is to imagine how many are left. I think it is fair to say that Superiors were less precious than Paramounts, so it is fair to assume fewer of them were 'kept to keep' than Paramounts. According to the Waterford site, there were probably 300-400 Paramounts built in the 1962-63 timeframe. To try to make a comparison, one can look at the Superior serial numbers for that iteration, as they were somewhat akin to the Paramount in identifying production, it seems: First digit a letter for the month (A-M), second digit the year (2=62, 3=63), followed by monthly production run? [this is my speculation, not established fact!]. I have seen D2222 and D2233, so at least in the early days a monthly production of 200-250 units. If we guesstimate an average of 200/month, over 24 months you'd have 4800 units. No way to affirm this, but it seems a reasonable scalar relationship. (so, roughly 100 Superiors/state in the lower 48...no a needle in a haystack, but 50+years later?). Again, rampant speculation, but maybe a sense of what your challenge is.

As stated above, there is not a reliable way to know how many Superiors were built in the 1962-63 iteration; even more difficult is to imagine how many are left. I think it is fair to say that Superiors were less precious than Paramounts, so it is fair to assume fewer of them were 'kept to keep' than Paramounts. According to the Waterford site, there were probably 300-400 Paramounts built in the 1962-63 timeframe. To try to make a comparison, one can look at the Superior serial numbers for that iteration, as they were somewhat akin to the Paramount in identifying production, it seems: First digit a letter for the month (A-M), second digit the year (2=62, 3=63), followed by monthly production run? [this is my speculation, not established fact!]. I have seen D2222 and D2233, so at least in the early days a monthly production of 200-250 units. If we guesstimate an average of 200/month, over 24 months you'd have 4800 units. No way to affirm this, but it seems a reasonable scalar relationship. (so, roughly 100 Superiors/state in the lower 48...no a needle in a haystack, but 50+years later?). Again, rampant speculation, but maybe a sense of what your challenge is.

I've noted on my Corvette 5 Registry that model was not produced every month and production has skipped one and up to three months of production along with possibly only one batch in the one months time. This is using just the serial stamping dates which really doesn't indicate any specific build time but it indicates the models were built in batches and depending on demand the runs of a certain models was sporadic.

Back