When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 CCM Sabre, like new!

-

Brian R.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
When I first saw this bike, my first thought is that I wasn't interested in buying it as it was outside of my collecting focus. All my bikes are coaster-brake bikes, as I like their simple, elegant look, without a mess of cables going every which way. I prefer 28" wood rim bikes, but have a few post-war, Canadian-made, 28" and 26" balloon bikes. But then the image of this bike had stuck in my brain, and it started to grow on me. It was still available, so I grabbed it. Original everything, including the tires. Yesterday I found the instruction manuals for the light and the 3-speed hub tucked into a match box in the touring bag. It rides beautifully, and everything works, front and rear light, speedometer, S-A hub. I love the colour scheme, and it's the only white, pre-1980s CCM I've ever seen. I haven't even cleaned up the chrome yet, this is the way it came. Photos:
CCMsabre1.jpg
CCMsabre2.jpg
CCMsabre3.jpg
CCMsabre4.jpg
CCMsabre5.jpg

I owned the identical bike in Kitchener Ontario. It was given to me by my confirmation sponsor. Nice to see one in such great shape.

Back