When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Columbia Newsboy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The bike looks beautiful,Geat job. You should have serrated washers between the actual mounting nuts and the drop outs on the rear axle. That will stop any movement of the arm/axle.You should have seperate nuts and washers for the rack.

Yeah, I need to move those washers to the back. The rack has a separate set of bolts holding it on.

For sale? If it was mine, i might sell it. I have a hard time keeping my projects when Im finished with them. But the price would be pretty high. I would put it at 3k. Is that crazy or would that be in the ballpark?

Spokes

Hi,

Try Memory Lane Classics for the spokes. I have an old Columbia newsboy bike with the heavy duty spokes, and they had what I needed. You can call them at (419)832-3040 and have them send you a catalogue. They have a great selection of parts and provide excellent, fast service. Good luck on your project. I bet it will be a beauty when it's completed.

Rick Palmer

Hi rick, Thanks for the help. You might want to go back a page. I did contact Memory Lane Classics and get spokes. The bike is finished and i would say it is a Beauty.

I set the fork and drill press drill. Then, I grabbed the old thread to keep and pull like a pig tail it all. Like new! Then I go to work on the rear wheels.

Back