When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Columbia Newsboy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well i thought i got a good deal on a nice headbadge but found out today that i was mistaken. Its a little small.

IMAG0172-1.jpg

Looking good.

The newsboy is coming along nicely. I have a '61 Firebolt if you need close up pictures of the rack.
Keep up the good work & keep posting the progress...These are cool bikes..............Wayne

Just like the head badge not fitting, i got the crank in the mail and i put it up to the original crank and the thread distance comes up a little short. So what are my options? Can i un-bend the crank that was on the bike? The crank was marked s-1-64. Does that mean anything?

Last edited:
bike

I have nos Columbia kickstands. Let me know the length as I have different sizes. OOPS -didn't see where you already had found one.

Last edited:
seat is covered. Now i just have to paint the rest of it. Chrome should be done early next week and then i can start lacing up the wheels.
IMAG0184-1.jpg

Got all my chrome back yesterday. Laced up the wheels and mounted the tires. Went to the paint guy only to find he was not done. So today i went back and taped off the fenders and frame for the white paint. So i am not going to make my dead
line for his birthday but it will only be a few days late.
IMAG02141-1.jpg

IMAG02181-1.jpg

IMAG0212-1.jpg

Im having a hell of a time figuring out where all the bolts and washers went. Anybody have any idea on how they go? There has to be atleast 1 on the inside of the frame otherwise there is a big gap between the dropouts and hub.
IMAG0228-1.jpg

Well i still have to put the rack on the back and the rear hub is to loose. I also need to have the crank and sprocket chromed but her it is as of today.

Before
IMAG01121-1.jpg

AFTER!
IMAG02291-1.jpg

IMAG02301-1.jpg

Back