When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Paramount.

-
Also, per Juvela above, early Vainqueur 999 brake caliper. The lettering should be red but I didn't realize it when I refurbished them - one day I'll correct that but ... Lazy. :)
IMG_20181223_161957-SM.png

Also, per Juvela above, early Vainqueur 999 brake caliper. The lettering should be red but I didn't realize it when I refurbished them - one day I'll correct that but ... Lazy. :)
View attachment 1326603

-----

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful example!

Good of you to post those additional detail images to show what the OEM kitting looked like in 1963.

Can see your bicycle has the Titan stem/bar set and the Record rear gear mech.

Nominal accepted launch date for the Record rear gear mech is December 1963 so it is slightly surprising to see one on a 1963 model year bicycle. All the better. ;)

-----

No worries RRH48, glad to offer any useful info. Juvela, the provenance report confirms mfg of November and December but doesn't specify all components. With the build window in mind and that the bike may not have shipped until January/February I've gone with the assumption it's factory. Still also possible this was swapped in for GS. Either way I won't complain.

Last edited:
I did take the trouble to get a provenance report from Waterford, if for nothing else but to have a doc with Richard Schwinn's signature. :)
I did the same thing, with my 1960 Road Racer.
I actually had all of the original paper work on the bike, but I sent for the provenance report, just to see how accurate it would be.
It came back spot on, with the information I already had, and also had the extra bonus of the Richard Schwinn signature, and the build date, of the frame and when it went to paint.

Back