When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Schwinn Corvette

-
The 63's still had the chrome plastic teardrop S reflector. The chrome film wears off leaving a light yellow plastic shell.

Dont think the new Schwinn tires will work in the Vette.
You are right. Too big. Too bad. Ill start the hunt.

This is the rear reflector that mine has.
FullSizeRender.jpg

I guess its just some random old worn reflector somebody put on it at some time.

You are right. Too big. Too bad. Ill start the hunt.

This is the rear reflector that mine has.View attachment 215162

I guess its just some random old worn reflector somebody put on it at some time.

Schwinn tires that fit on S 7 rims read 26x 1 3/4 instead of 26x 1.75 and usually refer to Schwinn rims. You can buy chinese made tires that are made for these rims, for around 20 bucks a piece, stores that cater to vintage bikes will carry them.

If you opt for Kenda, make sure you get the bigger version with the size that reads 26 x 2 x 1 3/4. They also make a skinny one that's marked 26 x 1 /34. CS make a nice beefy tire that fits the S-7.

If you opt for Kenda, make sure you get the bigger version with the size that reads 26 x 2 x 1 3/4. They also make a skinny one that's marked 26 x 1 /34. CS make a nice beefy tire that fits the S-7.

Both fit on the rim?
Any diffrence in the look? Or is the diffrence in how they feel when tou ride them?

I have a 63 Corvette but the badge is the normal one. I have 61s and 62s with starbusts but never seen a 63. Something new every day.:)

The S-7 takes a specific tire so it gets pretty frustrating finding a local shop that carries tires for these rims. Around my neighborhood the only tire I can find at a shop is the Kenda K 75 26 x 1 3/4 that does fit, but it's profile is noticeably smaller in height and width. Here is the other Kenda that larger and fits the S7. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CST-26x2x1-...288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d788d368

And here is the CST
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CST-26x2x1-...288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d788d368

Bob Snyder has a set of Superior slim line white walls for sale on eBay for 50 bucks. They are seconds but a hard to find tire that was used on the later 65? model middleweights. Cheng Shin Whitewalls are hard to find sometimes and they have a tread pattern similar to the old Good Year tires.

Another alternative is the repop Westwinds that are 75 a pair.

I have a 63 Corvette but the badge is the normal one. I have 61s and 62s with starbusts but never seen a 63. Something new every day.:)

Does your 63 have a Nov or later serial number? Or black PL2000 adhesive on the headtube. The 63 Corvette models still wore the Starburst badge. One of my 61 Corvette 5 speeds had a standard badge, but it matched all the other mismatched incorrect parts. ;)

Back