When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Schwinn Superior

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

stingrayjoe

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
A man called me with 63 Schwinn Superior 15 speed. He is the original owner. Any interest in this model? He told me each dealer was only given one?! I did not go to see it. Who knows? PM with any interest or info.

The dealer story is balogny. The dealers got as many as they could sell. Schwinn was in business to make money not collectables. The 15 speeds were pretty rare but that mostly because they were expensive. I have a 1964 Sierra that is also a 15 speed and not a common bike to see.

IMG_8699.jpg

IMG_8708.jpg

-----

@Metacortex has these down backwards and forwards. ;)

He will be able to show the catalogue pages and discuss the small differences in year-to-year examples.

-----

The '63 models seem to be quite rare.
I've seen quite few '62 models, but very few '63s.
If it's a 22" frame in blue and in good condition, I'm definitely interested.

If you are talking about my Sierra the stem and fork are original. The only part that was rare on them was Sierras were the first Schwinn to use aluminum rims on an electro forged frame bike. Aluminum was used on the more expensive bikes like Paramounts, Superiors and Super Sports. Roger

If you are talking about my Sierra the stem and fork are original. The only part that was rare on them was Sierras were the first Schwinn to use aluminum rims on an electro forged frame bike. Aluminum was used on the more expensive bikes like Paramounts, Superiors and Super Sports. Roger
Aluminum rims were only used on the Sierra for one year (64) of its 2 year run (63 64) and the Super Continental used aluminum rims in 62 so the Sierra is not the first electroforged bike with aluminum rims.

This thread is about a 63 Superior though and you posting pictures of and making claims about a completely different year and model of bike is throwing people off.

Last edited:
Back