When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Schwinn Traveler...Just Got It

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Why oh why would I go and buy this? One simple answer...the head badge. Plastic Starburst in almost mint condition. 😍

Also, the saddlebag...fenders...and pedals...maybe the saddle.

Plenty of rust as you can see. Some of the chrome is even peeling away from the rims which is why I got a very good price on this. But with the exception of a missing headlight, it's all original. Right down to the tires that still hold air. And from what I saw, the brake lever was an option that year on the coaster brake models. Still, it should clean up nicely. But the badge is what I really wanted! 🤪 Build date is June 6, 1963. (F320346)

Before photos attached...

IMG_1734.jpeg

IMG_1735.jpeg

IMG_1736.jpeg

IMG_1737.jpeg

IMG_1738.jpeg

IMG_1739.jpeg

IMG_1744.jpeg

IMG_1745.jpeg

IMG_1746.jpeg

IMG_1747.jpeg

IMG_1748.jpeg

IMG_1751.jpeg

IMG_1752.jpeg

IMG_1753.jpeg

Schwinn tires and a kick back rear hub. Your efforts are noble. Keep it until it is respected.

Schwinn tires and a kick back rear hub. Your efforts are noble. Keep it until it is respected.

Sadly, it's not a kickback rear hub. Just a regular Bendix redline coaster brake hub. The kickback would have had the triple stripes.

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 10.30.05 AM.png

Last edited:
-----

our klaxoniere may needs be make visitation upon his health care professional for treatment of "tennis elbow" prior to the completion of this redd-up 😲

-----

Back