When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Schwinn Traveler...Just Got It

-
Look what I found under the saddlebag. Valley Stream is about a half hour or so from my house. That will remain on the bike, of course. 🙂

IMG_1756.jpeg

Look what I found under the saddlebag. Valley Stream is about a half hour or so from my house. That will remain on the bike, of course. 🙂

View attachment 1689394

-----

thank you

have been waiting to find out how it read

bike note -

IIRC the Jawa/Favorit agent for the U.S. market was located in Valley Stream for many a yar...

company called "American Jawa"

they were also an agent for other products from the export group MOTOKOV PRAHA such as chain hoists, Barum tyres, sidecars, etc.

-----

The local Police Dept.'s would place those on any kids bike so they had a record of the original owner. And if it was ever removed, it still showed scratches where the plate was. Lol...serial number was a better ID though! 🤪

I've got a soft spot for these. They were just so over the top. All the options and glitz. I think this is the first single speed I've seen.
I was always under the impression that the starburst head badge was a 61' anomaly.
Over time I've found three and I seem to remember they were all on 61 models.

Back