When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Sears StratoFlite

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BASHER76

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just wanted to share my 1963 Sears. If anyone has an ad for this bike can you pm me a picture?

FullSizeRender.jpg

That's a Sears Flightliner or early Spaceliner. The Flightliner was made from about 1958-'61 and the Spaceliner from 1962-'67.

Looks like a J.C. Higgins (Sears) Flightliner to me (Sears didn't make anything called a Stratoflite). The similarly named Murray Strato Flight and Western Auto Strato Flyer were later models that were similar to the Sears Spaceliner.

This image is from the Spring 1963 Sears catalog. PM me your email address and I'll send you a larger, higher res scan. Why don't you post the serial number as well, since this will help to confirm what you have. If my assumption is correct, the model number will be 46900.

BTW, the Flightliner was made until '63 and Spaceliner from 64-68 (not as stated above).

63 Spring pg 757_577x800.jpg

Last edited:
Sears also had unnamed cruisers that were essentially the same as the Flightliner. Same tank, but with the later style Murray chain guard. These just said 'SEARS' pn the guard, and were made through the late 60s-early 70s.

Sears also had unnamed cruisers that were essentially the same as the Flightliner. Same tank, but with the later style Murray chain guard. These just said 'SEARS' pn the guard, and were made through the late 60s-early 70s.

I think I know what you're talking about. There had most of the same features but were not as flashy. They had a standard rack, smaller tank (still had the double lights), later style guard, not much chrome.

I think I know what you're talking about. There had most of the same features but were not as flashy. They had a standard rack, smaller tank (still had the double lights), later style guard, not much chrome.

Exactly.

Here's what they looked like in the 1964 catalog, and on, following the dropping of the Flightliner name and assignment of a new model number.

64 Spring pg 856_crop.jpg

Exactly.

Here's what they looked like in the 1964 catalog, and on, following the dropping of the Flightliner name and assignment of a new model number.

View attachment 281953

You know what seems odd? More of the flashy Spaceliners and Flightliners appear to have survived than these less-extravagant bikes.

Back