When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Typhoon

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I upgraded my S-7 red band single speed to a triple red band 2 speed and some of the bigger 2 inch S-7 wheels from @mrg. It rolls real smooth and the low speed is a nice addition. I really like the look of the bigger tires on the middle weights. Not everyone is a fan of the high rise bars on these bikes but it came to me this way. This bike belonged to a good friends father perfect for today. I also hate to see this forum go stagnant.

IMG_1576.jpg

I upgraded my S-7 red band single speed to a triple red band 2 speed and some of the bigger 2 inch S-7 wheels from @mrg. It rolls real smooth and the low speed is a nice addition. I really like the look of the bigger tires on the middle weights. Not everyone is a fan of the high rise bars on these bikes but it came to me this way. This bike belonged to a good friends father perfect for today. I also hate to see this forum go stagnant.

View attachment 1433397
I Dig the taller Ape type bars & bigger tires; I think for low speed cruisers you can't go wrong with 2.0-2.125" balloon tires. Besides what ever it takes to get you riding & enjoying it is subjective for Everyone. If everyone restored or just leaves them as found in every aspect bikes would be a stuffy stale hobby🤔

Yes they are S-7 tires only for S-7 rims only. They are a new version that are a bigger 2 inch tire almost as large as some of the old 2.125 tires. Look how they fill the fenders ,sometimes out of true wheels can be issues.They have black wall brick and white wall. A few people can get them here on the cabe. @mrg will ship 3 sets at a time to you. You can get single sets on the feebay. Be sure to buy from bicyclebones. I ;love the painted fenders some day I would consider going back to them on my bike.

made from real rubber instead of the plasticy crap a lot of tires for older bikes are made from these days. Get some. You won't regret it.
Yeah I Really Hate those generic "rubber" compound tires; there's even car tires that feel like that and they suck too. I always worry buying tires online because you never know what you're actually getting. 1 of my ex's set of Duro brand white wall tires were like that. I hated them so they went on her birthday Giant bike I was going to fix gears to. Kinda glad we split up after wasting 2+ years with her though. I have black Duro tires & they feel so much more Real & smoother quality all around

Yeah I Really Hate those generic "rubber" compound tires; there's even car tires that feel like that and they suck too. I always worry buying tires online because you never know what you're actually getting. 1 of my ex's set of Duro brand white wall tires were like that. I hated them so they went on her birthday Giant bike I was going to fix gears to. Kinda glad we split up after wasting 2+ years with her though. I have black Duro tires & they feel so much more Real & smoother quality all around
Motorbike tires too. I worked in a shop changing tires for a short while and you could feel the difference, the better tires were easier to mount (more pliable) while the cheap tires were stiffer and harder.
It's interesting that there's a difference between white walls and black walls of the same brand. I've noticed the same thing with Kenda gum walls versus black walls. I'll never buy another set of the gum walls.

Motorbike tires too. I worked in a shop changing tires for a short while and you could feel the difference, the better tires were easier to mount (more pliable) while the cheap tires were stiffer and harder.
It's interesting that there's a difference between white walls and black walls of the same brand. I've noticed the same thing with Kenda gum walls versus black walls. I'll never buy another set of the gum walls.
See I haven't owned gum walls since like 11 years old because it seemed to me they would rot or tear so easily in that area. I have seen people sand or shave tires to get a white wall effect so I understand that weakens the tire; I always assumed a white or gum wall tire was No Different🤷‍♂️. I guess it's the vulcanizing method, feeling or something along that line of science? I know they just feel like plastic more than they do rubber😡
We're cutting costs so much as Americans but the prices keep rising for inferior made BS. They might as well rename the US to We Rely On Everybody Else 🙄😒😞 Nothing is Made In America💯% Anymore

So I'm new to Schwinn's...the first bike has 2 braces on the front fender, 12" tip. The other Typhoon has one brace. Probably an 8 inch tip. The top fender is probably 33" long 3 3/4 wide. and the second Typhoon is probably 27" by 2 5/8 wide. I need the longer front fender to accommodate the headlight. I initially thought they had the same fenders....I bought a Typhoon that was being parted out. It has the shorter fender. :(
Ideally I need a black fender with white pins.

Back