When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Cinelli

-

mongeese

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Bike did not sell on here so I sold to a very good friend and this is what he did. 1964 is the transition year from Columbus to Reynolds 531 and he went with 531 decal. Does anyone - probably @juvela know how to test for what tubing this frame was built with?
Also this was the year they made a lot of bikes for the Olympics for several countries. Yakshimesh my name a Borat.
E7798386-03E6-4714-AE18-A14248FE7A87.png

07203D88-9FDC-44CA-8E11-03A6E6C1FB65.png

Last edited:
Bike did not sell on here so I sold to a very good friend and this is what he did. 1964 is the transition year from Columbus to Reynolds 531 and he went with 531 decal. Does anyone - probably @juvela know hot to test for what tubing this frame was built with?

Yeah,
Throw it in a Bon Fire, and if it flares up white hot, then it had Magnesium in it. Reynolds 531
If not, Columbus, Chromium/Molybdenum.
Lol!
Nice bike!

Cinelli looks great! What are the (aluminum?) ,Rims on the colnago? Shaped just like constrictor wood sprints!!

-----

wrt Cino's tubeset -

one simple examination is to look at the interior of the steerer.

if rifling present it is A.L. Colombo.

if rifling not present it is something else.

-----

Back