When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Red Ray all original

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

stingrayjoe

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I just picked this up from a guy who hits all of the local yardsales. He was planning to take it to the local flea market to re-sell.

The serial # starts with M4......

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

Last edited:
That's a great score in anyone's book. I'm curious though, what exactly is a date code?

5E6097B3-674F-42E5-9F52-90BDECC4C8EE.jpeg
56CCC705-516F-4B9E-AE50-F38BBA113815.jpeg
8A2808FC-1B70-417F-AC48-AD0C4D15E0DC.jpeg
7A94DA67-D14D-45DE-AFDB-07009C7A0387.jpeg
stingray joe,

Very nice acquisition!

It’s very rare to see a Red Super Deluxe with its factory paint. Roughly a 6 month bike.

I wish Schwinn would have primered the chain guards on the Supers, as the paint would have held up much better
Painting directly on chrome was not a good idea.

I owned a Red Super and it was an M4 code also.
I sold it along with 7 other Original Stingrays several years ago.

Congratulations, Chris.

Thanks Chris, it is nice to hear from you. That is some example you have there!

These early bikes do not come my way like they used to in 1990's and early 2000's.

The photos were taken at the sellers location. His efforts caused the paint loss on the top side of the oxidized area on the chain guard. Luckily he did not work on the silk screened lettering....

If I detail the bike I will post photos.

The photos were taken at the sellers location. His efforts caused the paint loss on the top side of the oxidized area on the chain guard. Luckily he did not work on the silk screened lettering....

If I detail the bike I will post photos.

Nice score Joe.

Indeed! You can see he was using Turtle Wax and a Scotch Brite pad!!!!! It is hard to convince some people not to clean the bike before you get to see it in person.....

Back