When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Schwinn Continental......Really? What Is It?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
I'm stumped with this one. The seller is so far past left field they're not even in the same town as the ballpark. It's not even a Schwinn and it has a Paramount price tag. They should be banned from selling on eBay after reviewing the complete listing. The seller is out of town. lmao

1656869343485.png

Taking into consideration this has the old style fork, larger tubing and seat post, chain guard mounting tabs on the frame, three piece crank and hand welded tubes to head tube, it might possibly be an early post war Continental that was resurrected mutated into a 10 speed road bike. Just slightly (100%) misrepresented huh?

1656878342842.png

Last edited:
Old style fork? Is that really a Schwinn fork? It does appear to have a Schwinn deluxe headset on it.

The frame looks fillet brazed to me. Combined with that small bottom bracket for the 3 piece crank, I think that's 2 or 3 price levels above Continental. The hubs look like 60s or 70s Schwinn Approved with their triangular holes. What about the brakes? They don't really look like the early Schwinn Approved ones, although that could be the angle. They don't quite look like Vainqueur 999 either, though they might be. Look at how high the pads are in front, and in the rear they are barely on the rim. It looks like they would be all the way up in the slot if adjusted. Is this a bike meant for 700C sew-ups with some 27 inch wheels bolted on it? The front derailleur is Campy, and the rear is hard to tell, but might also be.

Who made the brake hoods and the saddle?

Old style fork? Is that really a Schwinn fork? It does appear to have a Schwinn deluxe headset on it.

The frame looks fillet brazed to me. Combined with that small bottom bracket for the 3 piece crank, I think that's 2 or 3 price levels above Continental. The hubs look like 60s or 70s Schwinn Approved with their triangular holes. What about the brakes? They don't really look like the early Schwinn Approved ones, although that could be the angle. They don't quite look like Vainqueur 999 either, though they might be. Look at how high the pads are in front, and in the rear they are barely on the rim. It looks like they would be all the way up in the slot if adjusted. Is this a bike meant for 700C sew-ups with some 27 inch wheels bolted on it? The front derailleur is Campy, and the rear is hard to tell, but might also be.

Who made the brake hoods and the saddle?

The sellers 1964 Continental originally had a round head badge and was a three speed 26" Continental. But he states his bike is 100% original! And it's been in his collection for 25 years so I could be wrong. It took me a bit to figure out what that thing was!

Harpo's 46 Conti after he cleaned it up.

1656898384813.png

Back