When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1964 Schwinn Deluxe Sting ray DOND

-
Shipping
$100 shipping or free pick up
Zipcode

genesmachines

Finally riding a big boys bike
This serial number J4 Sting ray sat outside for a long time. Anything that turns is stiff, forks, chain, pedals, wheels roll ok. The handle bars are in the worst condition, most of the chrome is gone and bars rusted. I did manage to get the handlebars off but couldn't move the fork lockwasher, flat serrated one, to lube the bearings, top nut is loose. There is 1 spoke in the front rim that is broken but both wheels run as true as you can expect for a 58 yr old, quite good. For whatever reason the front tube was cut in half, so I replaced it with what I had on hand, a NOS Korean 20 x 1 3/8 tube, the front rim is in good condition inside. The front tire is a Goodyear , the rear slick is rough but holds air, the only part I could read is "Groove Tread, made in japan" looks to be 20 x 2.125. The paint is thin in some places as you can see in the pics. The seat looks to be tweaked to one side as seen in rear pic. NO tears in the seat but something has been spilled on it and I have no idea how long it would last without tearing is used, again 58yr old vinyl. I will accept $25 bids to the end, I think the 10% would stop some offers. I will accept the highest offer by Thurs Sept. 22 when I get home after a 7pm Eastern time meeting so bid before then, I WILL sell to highest offer, no back door deals. Shipping is $100 or actual cost if less in the lower 48. NO foreign shipping . Delivery is an option as I plan to travel Interstate 90 from Syracuse, NY to Boston, MA on Oct 15 or the day before,fri or sat, and can meet at an exit along the route. I am old school and do not accept electronic payment so a check in time to clear before shipping or cash at pick up works. Ask any questions you may have, call 315 568 6168, I will return your call, pm or email [email protected], NO texts. I usually check my computer about 9am and after 7pm. Thanks for your interest and RIDE ON

ray1.JPG

ray1a.JPG

ray3.JPG

ray3a.JPG

ray2a.JPG

ray4a.JPG

ray6.JPG

ray7.JPG

ray8.JPG

ray1.JPG

ray2.JPG

ray3.JPG