When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 20 inch tank bike

-

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I picked up this '65 Fleet this week ( Thanks Glenn Rhein). I have been looking for one of theses 20 inch tank bikes now I have one. I intend to do a "pig" bike retro to this one ,banana seat and ape hangers. I plan on keeping all original parts to change back at another point if I want. Really psyched to have this in my collection now if I can just find time to work on it. Anyone else have omething like this ?Comments and suggestions appreciated

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Just a few pics with seat and handlebars.I plan on losing the fenders and using a longer 5.5 inch crank. Still torn on weather to use the S-2/S-7 set of stingray wheels I have or stick with the straight up S-7 that are on it with some new rubber. All original parts not used going to storage for later if need be. I imagine this is what I would have done to my bike if it was mine once the ape hangers and banana seats came around. Hell I took apart muscle bikes and made them BMX style when I was young. Kids are always the same.

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

This is (was) a '67 Fleet. Now it's the Phantom-Ray. Original Super Deluxe Sting-Ray springer. Blue band kickback. Leather covered seat. Ball light. It's fun to ride but the springer hits the tank and you can't turn very sharp. Gary in IL

DSC03855.JPG

DSC03852.JPG

DSC03860.JPG

DSC03854.JPG

DSC03858.JPG

DSC03853.JPG

DSC03864.JPG

This is (was) a '67 Fleet. Now it's the Phantom-Ray. Original Super Deluxe Sting-Ray springer. Blue band kickback. Leather covered seat. Ball light. It's fun to ride but the springer hits the tank and you can't turn very sharp. Gary in IL

View attachment 1345450

View attachment 1345778

View attachment 1345779

View attachment 1345780

View attachment 1345781

View attachment 1345782

View attachment 1345783

Must say every time I see one of these bikes I think of yours, nice to see you post here .

Rafael aka A.S.BOLTNUT

Thanks Rafael. I think I've bought parts from you. It's been a while.

My little Fleet/Stingray is for sale by the way. Pick up in Cent. IL only. Anyone can pm me if interested. Gary in IL

Back