When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 black schwinn stingray deluxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
OK guys, forgive me for what I am going to say. I'm 62 years old and I grew up with these bikes. The black Stingrays are cool, I've never seen one before. BUT, they just don't look right to me. To me Stingray's have to be the flamboyant colors. Again, the black is cool.

Stoney... I hear ya... i'm 64 and grew up in the stingray frenzy .... The Schwinn dealer was right down the street from my dads shop so I was there frequently ... candies and metallics were king of the muscle cars in the early 60s , Schwinn was still using lacquired.. Black was available , but not popular with kids... I guess it depended on who picked out the bike

"I guess it depended on who picked out the bike"

I agree, I have talked to probably 5 or 6 original owners of Schwinn's and all but one said they went to buy a bike and "this is what they had" Myself I poured over the catalogs and knew exactly what I wanted and would not have settled for anything else. Maybe it depended on how bike desperate you were.

"I guess it depended on who picked out the bike"

I agree, I have talked to probably 5 or 6 original owners of Schwinn's and all but one said they went to buy a bike and "this is what they had" Myself I poured over the catalogs and knew exactly what I wanted and would not have settled for anything else. Maybe it depended on how bike desperate you were.

[/QUOTE there was always a big push at Schwinn around Christmas time ... if it was no surprise then you went with mommy and picked out what you wanted ... but if it was a surprise !!.. your dad went and picked it up .. and it possibly could be black :)...

here's my black 65.I thought about trading it to someone that would do something with it.have crank frame sissybar.trade for krate

20170318_150353.jpg

Back