When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 coppertone American

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Casual dreamer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just picked up this nice coppertone American last sunday, sure is nice! I missed it by a couple minutes the following sunday at the local swap meet and I was pretty bummed out. A week later my friend spotted it on craigslist and I struck a deal, I got it for a decent price, and it rides pretty nice! Looks like it was a Merced California bike complete with bicycle license stickers up to 1968.
20180818_184419.jpg

I
20180821_102400.jpg

t
20180821_102416.jpg

ne
20180821_102429.jpg

ed
20180821_102506.jpg

s a correct pedal for the left side, I would like to put a correct coppertone seat on along with some whitewalls. I haven't seen too many coppertone Americans, I love the color!

Cool bike. That was the last year for the American. Pretty sure the 65 American had the Superior white walls. I might still have a really nice set if interested. Let me know and I'll poke around for them.

Great condition! That Gateway to Yosemite shop tag is on another bike somewhere here. We could start an archive thread of vintage Cal bikeshop labels.
Here's a Bakersfield bike shop tag on a 19952 24' girls New World I have. Not nearly as artistic.
20180603_184811_resized-jpg.jpg

Gary

Last edited:
Back