When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Coppertone Schwinn Varsity

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinn499

I live for the CABE
Picked up this beauty the other day. I was telling myself no more electro-forged bikes but we all know how that goes. This one was way to nice to pass on for me. Looks to be original down to the tires. Sorry for the huge photos :confused:

DSC_2234.jpg

DSC_2265.jpg

DSC_2275.jpg

DSC_2287.jpg

DSC_2298.jpg

DSC_2234.jpg

DSC_2265.jpg

DSC_2275.jpg

DSC_2287.jpg

DSC_2298.jpg

That is just flat out minty! Unreal, and it's as nice or nicer than my 65. ;)

I got the exact same bike for my 13th birthday, cept mine had fenders

Gorgeous!
I told myself the same thing about "no more electroforged bikes", but like you, I wouldn't be able to pass this one up either.
My first derailleur equipped bike was a '65 Varsity tourist in Sky Blue that I got new when I was 13.
I'm sorry that I let that bike get away from me, but you know how it goes when you first get your driver's license. :rolleyes:

A Sprint era Varsity in Coppertone? Check. In mint and all original condition? Check. Wow!

Electro forged bikes - they made, what, like a million of them? I think you got one of the best right there. I know in my neck of the woods I am doing my level best to scoop them all up!! A Varsity was the first bike that didn't fall apart under my 13 year old onslaught of wheelies and jumps (this was before BMX) and every. Single. Day. riding the wheels off since we lived in Florida. I have loved them ever since. That's an unsurpassed beauty you have. Congratulations!!

Electro forged bikes - they made, what, like a million of them?

Schwinn sold 3 million or more EF Varsities alone, add in all of the other EF bikes from Sting-Rays to Collegiates and I'd say the total would be more like 20+ million.

Back