When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Deluxe Stingray 3 speed as found condtion

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

stingrayjoe

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This is how I found this old bike last week. The original owners swears it is just how he received it when new back in 1965. The grips are Hunt Wilde, the front fender is missing and the rear brake cable was changed. There is a back yard repair to the index chain coming out of the rear hub. To date the tires I wiped off the sidewalls. Both front and rear tires are Goodyear's with same date codes - fourth quarter of 1965.

I turned the handlebars and removed the pedals to get the bike home. To confirm the manufacturer of the rear seat strut I removed the fender washer that was installed.

DSCN6336.JPG

DSCN6337.JPG

DSCN6338.JPG

DSCN6339.JPG

DSCN6340.JPG

DSCN6341.JPG

DSCN6342.JPG

DSCN6343.JPG

DSCN6344.JPG

DSCN6345.JPG

DSCN6346.JPG

DSCN6347.JPG

This is how I found this old bike last week. The original owners swears it is just how he received it when new back in 1965. The grips are Hunt Wilde, the front fender is missing and the rear brake cable was changed. There is a back yard repair to the index chain coming out of the rear hub. To date the tires I wiped off the sidewalls. Both front and rear tires are Goodyear's with same date codes - fourth quarter of 1965.

I turned the handlebars and removed the pedals to get the bike home. To confirm the manufacturer of the rear seat strut I removed the fender washer that was installed.

View attachment 694160

View attachment 694161

View attachment 694162

View attachment 694163

View attachment 694164

View attachment 694165

View attachment 694166

View attachment 694167

View attachment 694168

View attachment 694169

View attachment 694170

View attachment 694171
Do you plan on keeping it or interested in selling?

Nice clean up. The Schwinn bikes always clean up good. Another save!

Sorry, it just bugs me things being bolted in the wrong place, just got a Spitfire 5 with the Positron derailleur bolted to the fender brace hole?, they had it so out of adjustment trying to make it work there. I move it back but still haven't got it to work!

Back